How fast will my package ship and what's the delivery time?
For deliveries in Canada,
For deliveries in Canada, orders are shipped M-F within two business days of your order from our warehouse in Ontario. Use this shipping estimator to determine your delivery time based on the shipping postal code. Carriers no longer guarantee delivery estimates (including expedited options) and SlumberPod cannot issue shipping refunds or waive return fees for orders that arrive late.
What exactly am I getting?
SlumberPod is a quick-assembly privacy pod that helps babies/toddlers get a good night's sleep. and is:
- Dark inside — creating an optimum sleep environment
- Built with safety in mind — passes applicable consumer product safety tests and more (see Safety below for details)
- Bottomless design to enclose travel crib, mini-crib or select toddler cots (see list below)
- Quick and easy to set up and disassemble
- Made of unique fabric that is breathable (air-permeable) and light-blocking
- Outfitted with ventilation windows and pocket for baby monitor or sound machine (see blog for more details)
- New 2.0 features (introduced Sept 2020):
- Fan pouch designed by airflow experts at Georgia Tech (SlumberPod Fan sold separately)
- Two revised ventilation panels using a fly design that allow for increased airflow while maintaining blackout
- Monitor pouch located higher on the pod, allowing the monitor to be inserted horizontally to capture entire playard, mini-crib or toddler cot
- Navy main-body fabric with gold stars on pole sleeves
- 50 inches long, 36 inches wide, 56 inches tall when assembled
- Pair of sturdy aluminum shock cord poles
- Fabric [breathable] 85% polyester, 15% spandex.
- Folds down into 17 inches by 5 inches by 6 inches bag for storing or travel.
- Product including travel bag = 5 pounds.
- (Playard/travel crib not included)
Looking for a thorough independent review of SlumberPod? Check out Upside Dad's review of SlumberPod, including an illustrated assembly guide and tips.
What playard models is SlumberPod compatible with?
SlumberPod fits playards up to 44 inches long, 30 inches wide and 36 inches tall, including but not limited to the following playard models: 4moms® breeze® playard, BABYBJORN® Travel Crib Light, Baby Trend® Deluxe Nursery Center, Cosco Funsport® Play Yard, Dream On Me Portable Playard, Dream On Me Travel Light Play Yard, Evenflo® Portable Deluxe Playard, Fisher-Price® Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard, Graco Pack-n-play®, Graco® Travel Lite Crib, Guava Family® Lotus Play Yard, Foundations Essentials Portable Travel Yard, KidCo® Travel Pod Portable Playard, Nuna™ SENA™ Aire Travel Crib, phil&teds® Traveller™ Portable Crib, Safety 1st Happy Space Play Yard, Ingenuity™ Smart and Simple Playard™ - Bryant™, gb Lufta 3-in-1 Sleeper Play Yard, Nuna Sena™ Aire, Costway Foldable Travel Baby Playpen Crib Infant Bassinet Bed.
SlumberPod also fits some mini-cribs including Delta Children portable crib, and LA Baby® The Original Bedside Manor Mini Crib.
SlumberPod is ALSO compatible with several cots and small inflatable mattresses including the Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed™, Ozark Trail Kids Camping Airbed, Baby Delight Go with Me Bungalow Deluxe Portable Travel Cot, and The Shrunks' Junior Toddler Travel Bed.
Tips for assembly (instructions) and use:
- If possible, set up the pod at home before your trip (the printed instructions are sewn into the draw-string carrying bag or can be downloaded here.)
Check out this helpful blog written from feedback from customers: https://www.slumberpod.
IMPORTANT: Don't bend the poles with too much force (the poles are sturdy but not indestructible).
What are some tips for getting my child used to the SlumberPod if they are hesitant?
Our beta testers, sleep consultant affiliates, and customers shared the following advice:
- Set up the pod at home before your trip.
- Put the SlumberPod in the living room for your kid(s) to explore.
- If possible, have your child sleep in their playard and SlumberPod at home before traveling. Sleep consultants recommend first use at night-time sleep, as your little one will be more tired.
- If your baby or toddler is nervous about zipping the main zipper closed, try letting them sleep the first time or two with the zipper open or partially open -- then they may be more comfortable zipping it later. (Note: for babies under a year old, we recommend opening the vents after the baby falls asleep and leaving the main window at least partially open.)
- And/or let your baby fall asleep with the zipper open or partially open, then zip it up after he/she falls asleep
More tips and best practices are available on our blog dedicated to first use.
What about safety?
SlumberPod passes all applicable juvenile product safety tests in the United States, Canada and Europe. We know, however, that parents and caregivers may wish for additional independent
Although the pod was designed (material and design itself) with airflow in mind, we took an extra step to ensure that caregivers’ concerns were addressed. We submitted SlumberPod for an additional, voluntary assessment and expert opinion using advanced test methods. The evaluating doctor (selected by the independent, third-party lab – and not by the SlumberPod team) independently concluded that the product “presents a low hazard” for CO2 rebreathing.
Please contact us if you'd like more information on SlumberPod's safety tests.
How is SlumberPod different than a "crib tent"?
You may notice that our communications don't refer to Slumber as a "crib tent" and here's why:
- SlumberPod is completely free-standing and doesn't attach to the playard or crib. According to many online sources, a crib tent is "a cover that attaches to a crib to prevent a toddler from climbing out of the crib." SlumberPod is designed with safety in mind NOT to confine your little one should they climb out of their playard — and the pod's premium fabric provides ample stretch so not to entrap your little one.
- SlumberPod's air permeable (or breathable) main fabric is 85% polyester and 15% spandex and is not made of the mesh that is typically associated with the hazards of crib coverings referred to as "crib tents."
Does the pod have a bottom?
Our privacy pod structure is bottomless, allowing you to easily slip it over a standard-sized playard, mini-crib or select toddler cots (sold separately).
How dark is SlumberPod? We prefer complete darkness — is that an option?
Absolutely, complete darkness is an option with the ventilation flaps closed. See our video that was filmed from inside SlumberPod under TV studio lights to get an idea. You literally can't see your hand in front of your face!
If closing the ventilation flaps for the most darkness, is there still airflow?
Although made of breathable fabric, it is recommended to use SlumberPod in a well-ventilated and climate-controlled environment — as it is approved for indoor use. You can open one or more vents for overnight sleep (when parents are going to bed and lights are out) to increase airflow if needed. Dress your little one for possible 1-2 degree difference inside SlumberPod. Also - In addition to passing all applicable juvenile safety tests, we had extensive tests done to include CO2 rebreathing by a third-party, independent lab. It was deemed low hazard with the vents closed.
Can a baby monitor or camera be used with SlumberPod?
There is a zippered pocket that is accessible from the exterior of SlumberPod and has a clear vinyl interior. Some monitor instructions include language regarding placing the monitor camera in an enclosed place. If you no longer have the instructions, please check the monitor company’s website or the paperwork that came with your monitor to be sure.
Read our blog post for more information about compatible video monitors.
NOTE: Some video monitors now have an auto-focus feature that may focus on the vinyl - and not on your little one.
Is SlumberPod soundproof?
The fabric does minimize some noise but doesn't create a totally soundproof barrier. Good news though: because the pod is bottomless, you can slip a noise machine underneath!
What are the wash/care instructions?
Thank you for your question! The material can be spot cleaned as needed. The pod material is a premium polyester/spandex blend. SlumberPod can also be machine washed in cold water on the delicate cycle using your favorite detergent — and air dried.
What’s the difference between SlumberPod and a camping tent?
Here are the key differences: 1. Many tents are treated with flame retardant chemicals and our pod is not. 2. Tents are made from waterproof materials that are not air permeable; our privacy pod is made from a premium, breathable fabric and has air vents you can open up as well. 3. Our structure is bottomless, allowing you to quickly and easily slip it over a playard. 4. A tent that would fit a playard inside would be giant (especially to fit the crib through the entryway); our pod is specially designed to be the same width and length as a playard, meaning it doesn't take up much room in a hotel room. (If you’ve set up a camping tent before, the way the poles work will feel familiar to you, which is a good thing!)
Does SlumberPod keep my child from escaping their playard?
It *might* but we can’t guarantee it. SlumberPod isn’t built like a crib safety net that goes inside a child’s home (full-sized) crib. It completely encloses the playard but isn't intended to confine.
Can I use SlumberPod outdoors?
SlumberPod is recommended for and approved for indoor use in a climate-controlled room (AC or heat).
Is sleeping in the same room as a baby really a struggle?
YES! We’ve since talked to hundreds of parents who struggle when sharing a room with a baby—and we’ve seen countless social media posts fretting about this same issue. More than 80% of 600 parents we recently surveyed said their baby or toddler who sleeps great at home doesn’t sleep as well away from home.
In what countries is SlumberPod available?
SlumberPod is available for purchase from our website for delivery in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. SlumberPod has passed safety testing and is approved for sale in other countries. Contact us for special shipping requests.
SHIPPING ESTIMATOR for CANADA
Our warehouse in Canada typically ships on Monday and Thursday. Orders placed after 2PM ET Monday or Thursday ship on the next shipping day. More details and an shipping estimator tool are provided here.
What is the Return Policy?
We’re here to help, so if you change your mind or your order isn’t quite right for some reason, it can come back to us within 30 days from the delivery date. Once we’ve received your returned item, we’ll give you a full refund of the purchase price, less a $10 USD restocking fee. To help your return go as quickly as possible, please follow these steps:
Use the Contact Us form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know to expect your return. Please include your name, your order or delivery date, and the email address associated with the order along with details that will help us know why the item didn’t work out for you
Returned items must be in "like new" condition, and in the original packaging. (See “Damages” below for return of damaged items.) Please return SlumberPod in the original shipping box or similar size box if using our shipping label or your refund may be subject to additional fees.
Your refund (less applicable costs) will be processed and applied to your original method of payment as soon as possible after receipt of the returned item. Depending upon your credit card company, it may take up to an additional 10 business days after the credit is applied for the credit to appear on your credit card account.
You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of the item along with verification of the refund being processed.
What if my order is damaged upon receipt?
If you received a damaged item, please let us know within 48 hours of the delivery. Please email email@example.com with a photo of the damage along with your name, your order or delivery date, and the email address associated with the order. Depending on the damage, you may receive replacement parts or a full replacement. We will walk you through the process and what to expect upon receipt of your email.